Android client for Microsoft SharePoint 2010
As many of you know, the Android mobile operating system has exploded to be the second leading OS in the US. If you have an Android phone, wouldn’t it be great to get direct access to SharePoint Sites 2010 from your handset – and without the frustration of a mobile Web browser?
Well, now you’ve got it! NewsGator Social Sites 2010 for Android.
This Android application is a companion to NewsGator Social Sites 2010. You will need a NewsGator mobile license to deploy this application.
This Android application provides users with direct access to their Social Sites 2010 enterprise social computing environment. NewsGator Social Sites is the leading social business software most deeply integrated with the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 collaboration platform. This Android client gives Social Sites 2010 users the ability to access and interact with their activity stream, colleagues, and communities in SharePoint 2010. If you use a different type of smartphone you can access as well with Social Sites 2010 Mobile Clients for the iPhone, iPad, and BlackBerry®.
Social Sites 2010 Mobile Client users can:
- View the activity stream to see what their colleagues are saying and doing
- Enter a status update to keep colleagues informed of their latest accomplishments and activities
- Access their community discussions and conversations
- Upload videos, links, and photos to add richness to their interactions
- Like or comment on colleague action and events (such as added documents, idea submissions, or bookmarked links)
- Find and interact with colleagues and community members – initiate emails, phone calls, or targeted updates
- Receive proactive notifications when colleagues like or comment on your activities